About this product
- DescriptionWhen Vee Speers photographed these same children for series The Birthday Party (Dewi Lewis/Kehrer 2008), they were already strong, strange and savage, yet beautiful. Since then, much has changed - their bodies are taller, longer. Their faces have thinned and transformed. Speers has recorded it. She has taken them to imaginary lands, playing fields, and curious places where these characters are ever prepared and always win. Vee Speers eternalises the fragile beauty of adolescence. She photographs a time that follows the first loss: that of childhood.
- Author BiographyVee Speers (b. 1962 in Australia) is based in Paris, working in fashion, photojournalism and fine art photography. Her work has been in exhibitions worldwide, and is in many international collections, e. g. the George Eastman House, Rochester, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and the DZ Bank, FrankJulie Esteve is a French journalist and writer, based in Paris.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note1
- Weight870 g
- Width245 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Vee Speers
- Introduction byJulie Esteve
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.