Bullfight: Paintings and Works on Paper by Fernando Botero, Curtis Bill Pepper (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $106.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBullfight: Paintings and Works on Paper is Glitterati's second collection of works by world-rewned Colombian artist Fernando Botero. Featuring more than 140 oils paintings and 35 drawings, this book is a comprehensive look at ather of the artist's most iconic subjects. In his youth, Botero developed a passion for bullfighting that has remained with him throughout his illustrious, six-decade career. The artist was profoundly influenced by the spectacle of the bullring - the vivid colours, the dynamic movement, the beauty and violence, bravery and fear. In Botero's signature style, the figures of the bullfight appear inflated and voluptuous, a grandiose exploration of scale, space, and volume. Matadors and picadors, horses and bulls, spirited crowds and striking portraits - all are exaggerated and exalted by the hand of the artist. As Jose Manuel Caballero Bonald writes, His task is t to reproduce reality as it appears before the naked eye but rather to reinvent or reconstruct it according to his personal experience and accumulated feelings. In this sense there is painter more truly Colombian than Botero. And yet, the more genuinely local his art is, the more universal it becomes.
- Author BiographyFernando Botero (b. 1932) is the most famous living artist of our time,whose distinctive figures are instantly recognisable. His work is internationally praised and has been spotlighted by The New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Art in America, and BBC Newsnight as well as by Sotheby's in New York, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, The Museum of Modern Art, and The Guggenheim in Bilbao and New York, amongst others. At the start of his career, the Colombian artist studied at the Academia de San Fernando in Madrid before travelling to Paris and Florence to expand upon his understanding of fine art. In 1958, he gained widespread recognition for his first prize piece at the Salon de Artistas Colombianos. The author of Circus: Paintings and Works on Paper, Botero continues to be an active member of the art community and works primarily in Monte Carlo and Italy. Curtis Bill Pepper (b. 1917) is an American author and journalist. He has worked for The New York Times, Newsweek, the United Press International, and CBS. Pepper is the author of seven books, the latest of which is a biographical novel of Leonardo da Vinci. He also contributed an essay to Circus: Paintings and Works on Paper by Fernando Botero. Pepper divides his time between homes in Umbria, Italy and New York City with his wife, the sculptor, Beverly Pepper.
- Author(s)Curtis Bill Pepper,Fernando Botero
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication26/11/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note180 colour
- Weight1796 g
- Width223 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.