Bullfight: The Pas de Deux by Joseph Campbell, Ricardo B. Sanchez (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 12 Feb
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
About this product
- DescriptionSome contend that bullfighting remains one of the most artful and sophisticated means by which some cultures celebrate the bravery of the hunter. This ancient ritual illustrates the complex relationship between predator and prey, and between culture and nature. Here, Sanchez's vividly arresting artworks and text reflect this exquisite pas de deux, where the bull and the bullfighter trace the lines and forms of their existence with each pass. The accompanying texts by both author and art critic provide what the steps of the bullfight represent as metaphors of our broader relationships between nature and humans. Here is a distinctively beautiful and enlightened visual and intellectual study of the intersection of tradition, culture, art, and nature in this ancient rite that is so exquisitely and intricately recorded that one can actually see why by so many it is so revered as an art form: it truly is a ballet's pas de deux.
- Author BiographyRicardo B. Sanchez was born in Caracas, Venezuela and educated in the United Sates at Deerfield Academy, Tufts University, and the Museum School of Fine Arts in Boston. He spent ten years photographing bullfighting and today examines through his lens other cultural subjects of Spain, where he currently resides. Rosa Olivares is a leading voice in Spanish contemporary art, who currently edits 'EXIT: Imagen y Cultura', a quarterly review devoted to photography, video and creative filmmaking. She lives in Madrid, Spain.
- Author(s)Joseph Campbell,Ricardo B. Sanchez
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note110 Colour
- Weight1497 g
- Width279 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.