All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA fun, fact-filled history and tribute to that most iconic of Kiwi childhood games, Bullrush, from its origins and its various bannings to its modern revival in the post-PC playground. Bullrush was the best game anyone ever thought of. You didn't need a ref, you didn't need a whistle, you didn't need a ball. All you needed was a decent stretch of grass. It was a stampede of bare feet, it was grazed knees and torn shirts, it was a game that never took itself too seriously. Arriving on the first immigrant ships from Britain, the game took hold quickly in the new colony. Simple, sometimes brutal, always thrilling, it was a childhood rite of passage, adults involved, handed down from generation to playground generation. Kiwi kids couldn't get eugh of it. And then one day they banned it, the fools. Or did they? Featuring the memories of a wide range of people, from All Blacks to actors, David Slack pays tribute to one of the great ufficial institutions of New Zealand culture.
- Author BiographyDavid Slack is a writer, satirist, public speaker, broadcaster and former speech writer in the Prime Minister's Department of the New Zealand Government. He is the author of the bestselling 'Bullshit, Backlash & Bleeding Hearts' (2004).
- Author(s)David Slack
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (New Zealand)
- Weight264 g
- Width181 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.