Bully: An Action Plan for Teachers, Parents, and Communities to Combat the Bullying Crisis by Cynthia Lowen, Lee Hirsch (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.62+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA companion book to the acclaimed documentary film that inspired a national conversation, BULLY is packed with information and resources for teachers, parents, and anyone who cares about the more than 13 million children who will be bullied in the United States this year. From commentary about life after BULLY by the filmmakers and the families in the film, to the story of how Katy Butler's petition campaign helped defeat the MPAA's R rating, BULLY takes the story of the film beyond the closing credits. Celebrity contributions combine with essays from experts, authors, government officials, and educators to offer powerful insights and concrete steps to take, making the book an essential part of an action plan to combat the bullying epidemic in America.
- Author BiographyLee Hirsch's debut film, AMANDLA! A REVOLUTION IN FOUR PART HARMONY, is a feature documentary chronicling the history of the South African anti-apartheid struggle through a celebration of its musical heroes. This film was released to wide acclaim, winning the Audience and Freedom of Expression Awards at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival. Among the many honors the film received were five Emmy nominations and a win. Lee Hirsch was born and raised on Long Island, New York, and attended the Putney School in Vermont and Hampshire College. He currently lives in Manhattan.Cynthia Lowen is an award-winning writer and recipient of the Discovery Prize. She is the coauthor of The Essential Guide to Bullying forthcoming from Alpha Books, and her work has been published widely in journals including A Public Space, Best New Poets 2008, Boston Review, Provincetown Arts, and Tin House, among others. She is also the producer of GOING HOME, a two-part documentary about teenage incarceration and recidivism. She lives in New York City.Dina Santorelli is a freelance writer and editor who has written for a variety of publications, including Newsday, First for Women and CNNMoney.com. She is the coauthor of Good Girls Don't Get Fat, a nonfiction book about girls' self-esteem and body image (Harlequin, 2010), and currently serves as Executive Editor of Salute and Family magazines for which she has conducted numerous celebrity interviews. Her first novel, Baby Grand, will be published in fall 2012, and she blogs about the writing life at http: //makingbabygrand.com. She lives on Long Island, New York.
- Author(s)Cynthia Lowen,Lee Hirsch
- PublisherWeinstein Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeinstein Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.