All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the massive success of 101 Unuseless Japanese Inventions and 99 More Unuseless Japanese Inventions, here is the Bumper Book, with all the collected inventions between two covers! Chindogu -- the art of the unuseless -- will amaze, confuse and entertain you, and could change your life forever. Unuseless Japanese Inventions bring the Japanese cult of Chindogu to a grateful world. Designed to solve the niggling problems of modern life, these bizarre and logic-defying gadgets and gizmos have a tendency to fail completely -- but also heroically, magnificently and hilariously. There can never be eugh gadgets to help ease our lives. Now, the Bumper Book of Unuseless Japanese Inventions brings brilliant and bizarre solutions to you, which are tried out and photographed on each page, in full colour throughout. With these logic-defying Chindogu, life will never be the same again. Discover the Delicious Nonsensicality Of ! / The umbrella-tie Keeps you dry and fashionable / Lipstick tracing mask Kiss goodbye to smudged edges / Utensil gloves Ten good reasons to wear them / The umbrella hat You'll never lose your umbrella again! The book that will change your life forever!.
- Author BiographyKenji Kawakami began his creative career writing scripts for animated TV series. After designing the Tokyo Bicycle Museum he became editor of a home shopping magazine where the concept of Chindogu was born. The author of four books of Chindogu and the founder of the 10,000-strong International Chindogu Society, he is famous throughout Japan.
- Author(s)Kenji Kawakami
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication18/10/2004
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Entertainment
- Out-of-print date11/05/2010
- Content Note300 col illus
- Weight420 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Translated byDan Papia
- Introduction byHugh Fearnley-Wittingstall
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.