All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionExciting, unexpected, impressionistic - the Slonem bunny paintings run the gamut. This is a mega collection for the adult and child alike that is publishing for the Easter holiday but is sure to last for many years to come. A treasury filled with enchanting full-colour and black-and-white paintings by celebrated artist Hunt Slonem, Bunnies features a foreword by bestselling author (and friend of the artist) John Berendt, and an essay by artist and gallerist, Bruce Helander. John Berendtwrites, Every morning, upon rising - even before he's had his first cup of coffee - Hunt Slonem performs his daily warm-ups . He approaches his worktable where a stack of small rectangular panels awaits. Some of the panels are made of wood, some of Masonite. In the course of the next half hour he will have populated all the panels with rabbits. These paintings are what he calls his warm-ups. Foreword John Berendt; Essay by Bruce Helander.
- Author BiographyHunt Slonem is an American painter, sculptor, and printmaker. He is best known for his Neo-Expressionist paintings of tropical birds, whose works are included in many important museum collections all over the world; he is exhibiting regularly at both public and private venues, and he has received numerous honours and awards. He lives in New York City and Louisiana, where he has notably restored two important plantations to their original states. John Berendt is an American author, known for writing the best-selling non-fiction book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which was a finalist for the 1995 Pulitzer Prize in General Non-fiction. He lives in New York City. Bruce Helander is an American artist whose speciality is collage and assemblage as well as a well-known curator, art critic editor, national juror, and writer. He has a master's degree in painting from the prestigious Rhode Island School of Design, where he later became the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs of the college. He is a fellow of the National Endowment for the Arts. Helander arrived in Palm Beach in 1982 from New York City, where he published Art Express magazine and where he now resides.
- Author(s)Hunt Slonem
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note250 colour
- Weight2812 g
- Width280 mm
- Height360 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.