All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionBurgoo is the name of a thick soup or stew from the American South and, historically, of a thick porridge served aboard ships. In Vancouver, Burgoo is synymous with comfort food, served from four neighborhood bistros. When the first restaurant opened in 2001, its menu featured hearty bowls of soup and stew served in a casual, welcoming ambiance, and has since expanded with signature starters, salads, sandwiches, and desserts, many designed for sharing. From its popular Potage Grand-maman, a traditional Quebecois pea soup, to its sinfully addictive Gooey Cheesy Grillers, a British import, to its extra-garlicky Caesar, the traditional Mexican salad taken to new heights of flavor, and its fresh and fragrant lamb tagine reminiscent of Morocco, the bistro's dishes span the globe. What are common to all of them are bold flavors, generous portions and an overwhelming feeling of eating healthy, satisfying, home-style food. Now Burgoo brings its recipes to the page for the first time, introducing home cooks to delicious and easy-to-make dishes for every day or for entertaining a crowd. From dips to brunch dishes, make-ahead soups to last-minute desserts, Burgoo offers 75 unpretentious family favorites for every palate, all beautifully photographed and smartly packaged.
- Author BiographyJustin Joyce is the president and COO of Forehand Foods Group, better known as Burgoo Bistro and Wing Nuts Restaurants. He's launched, developed, and managed many restaurants in Vancouver, including the Funky Armadillo Cafe, Fringe Cafe, Ouisi Bistro, and Fear Itself Seasonings and he's consulted for such multinational franchises as Boston Pizza. Stephan MacIntyre is the executive chef of Burgoo Bistro, a position he's held since the business's first day. His career in the culinary industry spans 25 years, from apprenticeships in restaurants and catering companies in Montreal to stints with high-end businesses in Vancouver, with a few restaurant gigs in between. Both live in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Justin Joyce,Stephan McIntyre
- PublisherFigure 1 Publishing
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFigure 1 Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight599 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.