All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStewart is an award-winning photo-journalist who specialises in recording atrocities around the world. A young woman, a journalist herself, who is an admirer of his work, starts to investigate Stewart's life and in doing so uncovers a disturbing family history. Set in Edinburgh, the play moves between the present day and the late 1970s of Stewart's childhood. Gradually, the story of Stewart and his two sisters and the nightmare imposed on them by their deranged mother and ineffectual father reveals itself. The play works as a psychological thriller and is about coming to terms with the past and the need for redemption and forgiveness.
- Author BiographyBrought up on a farm in North Devon, Philip Osment read Modern Languages at Keble College, Oxford and trained as an actor at Webber Douglas. He acted with leading alternative theatre companies including Gay Sweatshop, The Half Moon and Shared Experience and then went on to work as a director and writer. He has written and directed plays for two of the country's most prominent young people's theatre companies: Theatre Centre and Red Ladder. At the same time his trilogy of Devon plays was commissioned by Mike Alfreds and produced by Cambridge Theatre Company (aka Method and Madness). These were all nominated for Writers Guild awards and THE DEARLY BELOVED won the award for best regional play in 1993. More recently he directed for Graeae Theatre Co and his play WISE GUYS was the inaugural production at the new Contact Theatre in Manchester in February. In January 2001 he is directing BLOOD WEDDING in Manchester for Graeae. His last play for Method and Madness, BURIED ALIVE is to be revived at Plymouth Theatre Royal and Hampstead Theatre in 2001.
- Author(s)Philip Osment
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.