Buried Treasures of the American Southwest: Legends of Lost Mines, Hidden Payrolls, and Spanish Gold by W C Jameson (Paperback / softback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLegends have long circulated in the American Southwest, and w for the first time they are collected in a single volume. Jameson gathered his material from his own extensive, on-site research in Arizona, Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas, and from interviews with people whose lives have been entwined with the search for particular treasures. His book contains 36 stories, chapters on each state where he visited and performed research, location maps, accounts of gold mines where the nuggets are piles so deep they can be gathered with a rake and hidden caverns where bars of silver are stacked like firewood and caches of treasure are guarded by skeletons... Though the lore sounds fabulous, it has all grown out of the actual histories of Indians, outlaws, conquistadors, priests, and ranchers characters well documented in the drama of the unfolding West.
- Author BiographyW.C. Jameson Bio: W.C. Jameson is the award-winning and best-selling author of more than seventy books and over 1,500 articles and essays. In addition, he is an accomplished songwriter and performer, having recorded five albums of his original music and acted in five films. He has written the soundtracks for four films, and wrote and performed in the musical, Whatever Happened to the Outlaw, Jesse James? Jameson is the best-selling treasure author in the world. Perhaps he is known best, as the creator of the popular Buried Treasures of America series for August House. His success and fame as a professional treasure hunter has led to appearances on television's Unsolved Mysteries, the Travel Channel, the Discovery Channel, Nightline, and National Public Radio. He also consulted with the production team for the highly successful feature film, National Treasure, starring Nicholas Cage. One of Jameson's most popular books is Billy the Kid: Beyond the Grave, a regional bestseller. This controversial book presents stunning evidence that the famous outlaw, Billy the Kid, was not killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in 1881 but went on to live an adventurous and productive life for the next sixty-nine years. Jameson has won numerous awards for his writing from a number of professional associations. A nationally recognized and honored author, he has served as a judge for several prestigious literary competitions. When not on an expedition or writing a book, Jameson tours the country performing his music at folk festivals, colleges and universities, concert halls, and roadhouses.
- Author(s)W C Jameson
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- Date of Publication27/01/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleBuried Treasures
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Weight299 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.