All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArtist and writer Felix Bernstein's first book of poems mordantly stages his attempt to pick between family, lovers, coteries, and solitude. Drawing on the story of child muse Eva Ionesco, Bernstein troubles the melodramatic coming-of-age story with his neurotic self-critical ruminations. Does the pouty, post-digital, coquettish boy have recourse to transgression? To answer, Bernstein rummages through the closets of his queer and familial lineages and finds many skeletons in waiting. Awkward, fragile, imposing, parodic, and earnest, these poems push brooding indifference into elegy and seduction. Burn Book, full of correspondence and confession, is an irreverent and irresistible treat for those readers who dare to be burned.
- Author BiographyFELIX BERNSTEIN debuted on YouTube with his satirical (yet real) high-school coming-out video in 2008; going on to play Amy Winehouse, Lamb Chop, and Leopold (Peter) Brant. Bernstein s critical and uncritical writings have appeared in BOMB, the Believer, Hyperallergic, and the Boston Review. His book of essays, Notes on Post-Conceptual Poetry, was published in 2014. His solo performance Adonis or Bieber Bathos Elegy will premiere at the Whitney in the fall and he is currently the R & D Fellow at the New Museum.
- Author(s)Felix Bernstein
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.