CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Lonely Planet Tasmania by Meg Worby, Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Anthony Ham (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $21.35New
- AU $14.13New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $43.45
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.32
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $39.04
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.56
- AU $19.93Trending at AU $21.35
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.53
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with more than 70 photographs, this catalogue of the inns and taverns of Burnley provides a fascinating insight into the history of what was once considered 'the cotton capital of the world'. From the time when factory workers first crowded into squalid slum accommodation, these drinking establishments have been the setting for the most vibrant life of the town. In his meticulously researched guide, Jack Nadin recounts the romance and the crime witnessed by regulars over the years. With excerpts from local newspaper reports, this book will appeal to any reader with an interest in Burnley's forgotten past.
- Author BiographyJack Nadin is an enthusiastic local historian and the author of two more books in the Tempus series, focusing on the history of the North East: 'The Oldham Coalfield' and 'Mining Memories of East Lancashire'.
- Author(s)Jack Nadin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 70
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.