Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.93Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionRuby and Hadria are sisters who live in Southport, a small fishing village in Tasmania. Ruby, is naive and gentle. Hadria has flashing eyes that dance with witchery. Two young abalone divers, Bran and Drew, are in love with Hadria and she enjoys playing dangerously with their emotions. Hadria and Ruby live with their father, Beal, an alcoholic, who has never recovered from the day his wife and son drowned. His son's body was never recovered but the superstitious people in the town decide to lay his soul to rest at Burying Ground Point, with others also lost to the sea. One day Ruby finds a red stone in under some mysterious rock circles that lie near Burying Ground Point. This red stone exerts a strange power once Ruby wears it around her neck. One night, the stone calls a dark and terrifying energy from the ocean. As the spirits of old are raised from their slumbers, ghosts emerge from Burying Ground Point. Tensions mount as the ghost sightings run concurrently with strange weather, a series of arson attacks, suicide and murder. As the ghosts haunt the village, Ruby must combat the menace with her mysterious rock.
- Author BiographyEleanor Coombe grew up in the Tasmanian wilderness where she developed a love of the landscape, which influenced her attitude to the world around her. Her book on superstitions has sold world wide and been translated into Spanish. Eleanor has written more than forty children's books. In 2009 first of the Faraway Fairies series was published by Lothian books and made the Australian list of Books Alive, the top 50 books you can't put down, sponsored by the Australian Government. Her books have been translated into Portuguese, French and Turkish. Eleanor also writes under the pseudonym of Dan Jerris and has written the series Dragon Blood Pirates. This series has sold worldwide. Eleanor also lectured in communications at Canberra University and was awarded a Distinguished Alumni Award for her work as the author of many successful children's books. She was the Tasmanian Premier's Ambassador for reading in 2015.
- Author(s)Eleanor Coombe
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.