All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the spice of modern Britain from the top deck of a bus. We may complain about the quality of our local bus services, but Britain is blessed with a very fine network of local bus routes. That network takes in celebrated coastal and mountain landscapes as well as gritty industrial towns and unsung suburbs. In Bus-Pass Britain Rides Again, four dozen writers retrace journeys that have particular meaning for them, along the way revealing the diversity of modern Britain. Evocative and fun, often witty and perceptive, the book gives a fresh perspective on communities across Britain. Just the ticket for travellers of all ages.
- Author BiographyThis book is the result of a community-writing initiative in which members of the public were invited to write about their favourite bus routes. The writers whose work features in this book responded to our invites on Twitter and other media, including The Daily Express. The editors are Susanne Kries and Nicky Gardner, two writers who are great devotees of slow travel. They are also the publishers of hidden europe magazine.
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Bradt on Britain)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note16pp colour, 1 colour map & 44 thumbnails
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byNicky Gardner,Susanne Kries
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $24.70
- AU $24.35Trending at AU $25.63
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $14.35
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $23.25Trending at AU $24.27
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $8.61Trending at AU $10.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.