All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionBushwomen is a tale of a cynical species. The author Laura Flanders investigates how they rose to high office and where their real loyalties lie. There are savage portraits of all the women, including the real story behind Secretary of the Interior Gale Ann Norton - dubbed The Woman from Marlboro Country by her environmentalist foes; Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, who bullied union longhsore workers to the benefit of her trading-with China family and friends; Condoleezza Rice and her passion for oil and football; Lynne Cheney's lesbian vel and suppression of her activist daughter; and how Karen Hughes got her first job thanks to NOW - all revealing the cynicism of the Right's crusade to win moderate women voters and put a female face on anti-feminist policy.
- Author BiographyLaura Flanders is the host of The Laura Flanders Show on Air America Radio. She is the editor of The W Effect: Bush's War on Women and the author of Real Majority, Media Minority: The Cost of Sidelining Women in Reporting.
- Author(s)Laura Flanders
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication18/02/2004
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight531 g
- Width150 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.