All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionDr. David Willis combines his experience as a practicing dentist, educator, MBA, and certified financial planner in this breakthrough text about managing a dental business. Rather than a checklist of steps for success, Business Basics for Dentists describes business, ecomic, marketing, and management principles and explains how to apply them to the dental practice. Dental students and new practitioners will learn how to use the core strategic and operational business philosophies to develop an effective dental practice. He provides the essential elements of a business course--management principles, ecomics, business finance, and financial analysis--without bogged down in too much detail. These are then related specifically to various aspects of running and managing a dental practice, including office communications, billing, inventory, and marketing the practice. All aspects of practice transition are approached: career opportunities, buying a practice, starting a new practice, multi-practitioner arrangements, practice valuation, and planning and developing a practice. Last, Willis included personal financial planning to ensure that the dentist is also planning for his own finances and retirement beyond the bounds of the practice.
- Author BiographyDavid O. Willis, DMD, MBA, CFP is Professor for the Department of Diagnosis and General Dentistry and Coordinator of Practice Management at the University of Louisville. He is a dentist who has earned an MBA and is a Certified Financial Planner. He has taught Practice Management for over thirty years in the dental school setting. In that time, he has also consulted with practitioners concerning management and financial management issues, and have counseled hundreds of graduates who are entering the practice world. His computer-based dental business simulation is used by many schools in their management curricula.
- Author(s)David O. Willis
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1076 g
- Width220 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.