All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCost-efficient business contingency and continuity planning for a post-9/11 and Katrina world Disasters can happen. Contingency plans are necessary. But how detailed and expensive do your contingency and continuity plans really need to be? Employing a thoroughly practical approach, Business Continuity Strategies: Protecting Against Unplanned Disasters, Third Edition provides a proven methodology for implementing a realistic and cost-efficient business contingency program. Kenneth Myers--an internationally recognized contingency planning specialist--shows corporate leaders how to prepare a logical what if plan that would enable an organization to retain market share, service customers, and maintain cash flow if a disaster occurs. Completely updated throughout to reflect lessons learned from 9/11 and hurricanes Katrina and Wilma, Business Continuity Strategies, Third Edition helps cost-conscious senior management: Establish a corporate contingency program policy and strategy that ensures timely completion of a plan, with minimal disruption to operations Minimize plan development costs Understand the importance of conducting briefings to communicate the proper mindset before the program development process begins Save time and money by avoiding a consultant's traditional approach of extensive information-gathering that contributes little to the development of practical solutions, but much in the way of consultant fees Addressing countless hypothetical disaster scenarios doesn't make good business sense. Business Continuity Strategies, Third Edition helps companies focus on what is necessary to survive a natural catastrophe, workplace violence, or a terrorist attack.
- Author BiographyKENNETH N. MYERS is an internationally recognized contingency planning specialist and educator. He has developed business continuity strategies for leading organizations in the United States, Europe, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Mr. Myers developed the curricula and was the course leader for contingency planning seminars for The Battelle Institute and the American Management Association and was called to consult with the largest tenant in the World Trade Center following its bombing. In this book, he presents a new contingency program paradigm reflecting the latest in contingency strategies development thinking as well as the impact of terrorism and workplace violence on business continuity needs. He is also the author of Manager's Guide to Contingency Planning for Disasters: Protecting Vital Facilities and Critical Operations and Total Contingency Planning for Disasters: Managing Risk ... Minimizing Loss ... Ensuring Business Continuity, both published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Kenneth N. Myers
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.