All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology presents papers that challenge conventional viewpoints and ideas about business cycles and monetary policy. Some of the selections bring fresh thinking to customary topics, such as business cycle models in perfectly competitive markets, the cyclicality of research and development expenditures, and the effect of uncertainty shocks on consumer spending. Others address concerns that have come to the fore in the aftermath of the global financial crisis -- the consequences of quantitative easing, the effectiveness of macro prudential policies, the impact of shadow banking on the fractional-reserve banking system, and correlations in credit default losses, among others. The collection is t meant to be comprehensive (an impossible and uninteresting goal) but rather to bring together teworthy contributions that might otherwise be submerged in the torrent of contemporary ecomic writing. The selection criteria were the quality of thinking, clarity of expression, and soundness of empirical research on topics of compelling interest to people who are actively engaged in the field of monetary ecomics. The papers included in this book also represent a range of approaches to theoretical and applied research. Some of them describe ecometric tools and analytical techniques that are adapted to the study of business cycles and monetary policies. Others set forth conceptual frameworks and conduct empirical analyses that offer new insights into macroecomic fluctuations. Still others adopt a strategy closer to field work, in the form of case studies supported by extensive statistical documentation. In sum, the papers presented in this volume t only tackle topics of pressing interest; they also illustrate the state of the art in the research methodologies employed by monetary ecomists.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight670 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byJason C. Hsu
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.