All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe systematic study of business ethics began in the late 1970s. Since that time, business ethics has moved into the study of how self-interest, personal interests, national interests, and fairness fit together in a business context.This volume examines traditional ethical theories as well as contemporary trends in the study of business ethics. Ethical, ecomic, and legal concepts are used to help the reader understand business ethics issues. The authors analyze major ethical issues in the corporate environment today -- among them, accountability, affirmative action, comparable worth, conflicts of interest, moral agency, takeovers, employment, pollution, health and safety, sexual harassment, and whistle blowing.This volume also presents biographical sketches of issue makers and ethicists, sample corporate codes of ethics, lists of print and nprint resources, and a directory of organizations that address ethical concerns.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Dienhart, PhD, is professor of philosophy at St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN. Jordan Curnutt, PhD, is assistant professor of philosophy at St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN.
- Author(s)John W. Dienhart,Jordan Curnutt
- PublisherABC-CLIO Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/1998
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleContemporary Ethical Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintABC-CLIO Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight844 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.