All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou're intelligent, right? So you've already figured out that Business Intelligence can be pretty valuable in making the right decisions about your business. But you've heard at least a dozen definitions of what it is, and heard of at least that many BI tools. Where do you start? Business Intelligence For Dummies makes BI understandable! It takes you step by step through the techlogies and the alphabet soup, so you can choose the right techlogy and implement a successful BI environment. You'll see how the applications and techlogies work together to access, analyze, and present data that you can use to make better decisions about your products, customers, competitors, and more. You'll find out how to:* Understand the principles and practical elements of BI* Determine what your business needs* Compare different approaches to BI* Build a solid BI architecture and roadmap* Design, develop, and deploy your BI plan* Relate BI to data warehousing, ERP, CRM, and e-commerce* Analyze emerging trends and developing BI tools to see what else may be useful Whether you're the business owner or the person charged with developing and implementing a BI strategy, checking out Business Intelligence For Dummies is a good business decision.
- Author BiographySwain Scheps is Manager of Business Analysis at Brierley + Partners, Inc. and a technology veteran making his first foray into the world of book authoring. He wrote the masterpiece resting in your hands with a great deal of input and inspiration from BI guru and fellow For Dummies author Alan R. Simon. In the late 1990's Swain, along with most people reading this book, had his dot-com boom-to-bust experience with a company called...well, that's not really important now is it. (Anyone interested in buying some slightly underwater stock options should contact the publisher immediately.) After that there were consulting stints at Compaq, Hewlett-Packard, and Best Crossmark developing sales support applications and reporting tools. As of this writing, Swain basks under the fluorescent lights of Brierley, a technology company whose specialty is building customer relationship and loyalty management systems for retailers. The author has had the opportunity to learn from the very best as Brierley also provides unparalleled business intelligence and analytics services for its clients. Swain lives in Dallas, Texas with wife Nancy and a mere four dogs. He writes about more than just technology; his work has appeared in Fodor's travel guide books, military history magazines, and even another For Dummies book.
- Author(s)Alan R. Simon,Swain Scheps
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight581 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.