All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this revised edition of Frank Gallo's best-selling book, the author brings the story of leadership in China right up to date. With new material on Chinese leadership styles and the challenges of going global, the book is ideal for any international manager who wants to better understand how to blend the best practices of Western leadership with traditional Chinese wisdom. The content comes from a combination of English and Chinese literature, interviews with practicing executives in China as well as the author's own experience as a leader in China. Dr. Frank Gallo, the Greater China Chief Leadership Consultant for Hewitt Associates, offers sage advice on effective leadership practices for the China market. His key areas of focus include: * the unique challenge and complex issues of leading a firm or division in China * major areas of cultural differences such as teamwork, decision-making and * employee motivation, between Chinese and Western business practices * common areas of misunderstanding such as truth versus courteousness; managing a hierarchy versus empowerment; and dealing with the role of the individual rather than the rule of law * implementing effective leadership strategies and development with a Chinese company. This timely book will ensure a harmonious leadership style that draws out the best from both Western and Chinese business practices.
- Author BiographyDr. Frank Gallo has lived in China for many years and is one of its foremost leadership consultants and executive coaches. He works with both Chinese and Western executives to help them become better business leaders in China. He is the Greater China Chief Leadership Consultant for consulting giant, Hewitt Associates in Beijing and the retired Greater China Managing Consultant for Watson Wyatt Worldwide. Upon retirement, he founded Calypso Consulting, a firm dedicated to improving the quality of business leadership in China. He joined Hewitt in 2009. His clients include large and medium-sized multinational companies, as well as domestic firms. He has worked within most industries in various locations in China. Frank writes monthly columns on leadership and human resources for CHO Magazine and ForbesChina.com. Both of these columns are published in Chinese. He is the Chairman Emeritus of the Human Resources Forum of the American Chamber of Commerce in China. He is also a former professor in the MBA program at the Beijing Capital University of Economics and Trade.
- Author(s)Frank T. Gallo
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight426 g
- Width158 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.