All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow, it is easier than ever before to understand complex mathematical concepts and formulas and how they relate to real-world business situations. All you have to do it apply the handy information you will find in Business Math For Dummies . Featuring practical practice problems to help you expand your skills, this book covers topics like using percents to calculate increases and decreases, applying basic algebra to solve proportions, and working with basic statistics to analyze raw data. Find solutions for finance and payroll applications, including reading financial statements, calculating wages and commissions, and strategic salary planning. Navigate fractions, decimals, and percents in business and real estate transactions, and take fancy math skills to work. You'll be able to read graphs and tables and apply statistics and data analysis. You'll discover ways you can use math in finance and payroll investments, banking and payroll, goods and services, and business facilities and operations. You'll learn how to calculate discounts and markup, use loans and credit, and understand the ins and outs of math for business facilities and operations. You'll be the company math whiz in time at all! Find out how to: Read graphs and tables Invest in the future Use loans and credit Navigate bank accounts, insurance, budgets, and payroll Calculate discounts and markup Measure properties and handle mortgages and loans Manage rental and commercial properties Complete with lists of ten math shortcuts to do in meetings and drive your coworkers nuts and ten tips for reading annual reports, Business Math For Dummies is your one-stop guide to solving math problems in business situations.
- Author BiographyMary Jane Sterling is the author of four other For Dummies titles: Algebra For Dummies, Algebra II For Dummies, Trigonometry For Dummies, and Math Word Problems For Dummies. She has honed her math-explaining skills during her years of teaching mathematics at all levels: junior high school, high school, and college. She has been teaching at Bradley University, in Peoria, Illinois, for almost 30 of those years. When not teaching or writing, Mary Jane keeps busy by working with her Kiwanis Club, advising Bradley University's Circle K Club, and working with members of the Heart of Illinois Aktion Club (for adults with disabilities). All the volunteer projects taken on for these clubs help keep her busy and involved in the community.
- Author(s)Mary Jane Sterling
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.