All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEntertaining and educational, this is a genuinely accessible introductory statistics book for first year business students trying to grasp the essential concepts and techniques of quantitative analysis, using IBM SPSS and Microsoft Excel software. It does t assume any background kwledge of mathematics or statistics, and presents the fundamentals of data analysis in an engaging and readable way. The authors show both how and why qualitative analysis is useful in the context of business and management studies and instil a fundamental sense of fun and enthusiasm for numbers by providing readers with an array of interesting and interactive examples and exercises. Key features include : * A fully up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of IBM SPSS and Microsoft Excel software, with tailored examples to illustrate how the programmes can be used. *A range of 'real world' and fictional examples to help bring the study of stats alive and ground it in application to typical business situations *'Think it Over' boxes to help translate the concepts learnt about into practical kwledge *Different boxes for readers at varying levels of study and understanding, such as the 'Back to Basics', 'Above and Beyond' and 'Attention to Detail' boxes *End of chapter questions to help translate theory into application *A range of online resources including a set of data files and templates for the reader following in-text examples, downloadable worksheets and instructor materials, answers to in-text exercises and video content.
- Author BiographyNick Lee is Professor of Sales and Management Science at Loughborough University's School of Business Economics, Editor in Chief of The European Journal of Marketing, and was featured in The Times as 'one of the 15 scientists whose work will shape the future'. Mike Peters is Director of Engineering and Applied Science Foundation Programmes at Aston University, a chartered mathematician, a fellow of The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and a senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Author(s)Mike Peters,Nick Lee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight1406 g
- Width198 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.