All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an experienced instructor of business writing courses, Business Writing Scenarios offers a hands on approach that immerses students in the types of writing situations they will encounter throughout their working lives. Detailed guidance and numerous examples help students build the skills they will need to respond to these situations effectively. In each of the core chapters, students first learn how other writers addressed a particular writing situation such as having to convey disappointing news to employees, explain a major policy change, or respond to a difficult customer effectively or ineffectively. Students then apply what they ve learned through guided activities ( applications ) that ask them to respond in writing to a similar business scenario. Additionally, the book emphasizes the potentially serious consequences of ill-considered business communications, especially those delivered electronically. A chapter dedicated to business writing gaffes provides many real-world examples of these mistakes and advises students on how to avoid them. Suitable for use on its own or in conjunction with ather text, Business Writing Scenarios is a useful addition to any course building students business writing skills.
- Author BiographyJon R. Ramsey was an Associate Professor of English and the Dean of Studies at Skidmore College, from which he retired in 2004. His career in administration and teaching continued, however, through June 2014 at the University of California, Santa Barbara. At UCSB he was the Director of Policy and Publications for the Graduate Division and for eight years was a Continuing Lecturer in the UCSB Writing Program. He has published a number of articles and book chapters and has co-edited two books on literature, writing, and administrative issues. As an administrator and office director, he has been especially involved in creating and implementing new programs in the United States and abroad and in constructing a wide variety of policies, tasks which frequently required complex written negotiations with myriad internal and external audiences. He earned his B.A. at San Diego State University and a Ph.D. at the University of California, Riverside.
- Author(s)Professor Jon Ramsey
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication19/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight299 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.