CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness and Community is a historical narrative which also highlights emerging critical issues and the achievements as well as deficits of Indian CSR. Its objectives are threefold: to enhance public kwledge, understanding and appreciation of what Indian business has contributed to society; to enthuse the business community as a whole, especially the younger generation, by highlighting exemplary individualsmpanies in the history of Indian CSR; and, to identify the factors which inhibit or encourage CSR so as to enable business and government to take appropriate action. Written in a simple, n-jargonistic language, it is easy to understand without being simplistic. Its extensive bibliography will be useful for further research.
- Author BiographyPushpa Sundar has over 30 years of experience in the field of development and civil society. Starting her career as an Indian Administrative Service officer in 1963 (from which she resigned in 1966), she has since worked in a variety of organizations-national, and international, non-profit, government and corporate, such as the Ford Foundation, the Government of Gujarat, FICCI, and the National Foundation for India. She has also consulted for the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Nand and Jeet Khemka Foundation and others. The exposure to international philanthropy as Senior Fellow under the International Fellows in Philanthropy Programme of the Johns Hopkins University in 1995 led to her being the moving spirit behind the establishment of Sampradaan Indian Centre for Philanthropy, New Delhi, a national intermediary organization to promote and strengthen Indian philanthropy, and becoming its fi rst Executive Director (from 1996 till July 2005). She was also associated with WINGS (Worldwide Initiative for Grantmaker Support) and WINGS-CF (WINGS Community Foundations) from their inception till recently. She is currently a trustee of Partners in Change, Delhi, a nonprofit organization promoting corporate social responsibility, having been associated with it since inception as a founder member. She has also been on the board of several other non-profi t organizations such as the Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR),Jaipur, the Sanskriti Foundation, New Delhi and South Asian Fund Raising Group, New Delhi. She has written extensively in national and international journals, newspapers, and magazines on a variety of subjects, especially on issues of social concern. Her published works include Patrons and Philistines: Arts and the State in British India, Beyond Business: From Merchant Charity to Corporate Citizenship, Foreign Aid for Indian NGOs: Problem or Solution?, For God's Sake: Religious Charity and Social Development in India.
- Author(s)Pushpa Sundar
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight835 g
- Width159 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.