All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, the role of business in global governance has become increasingly topical. Transnational business associations are progressively more visible in international policy debates and in intergovernmental institutions, and there is a heightened attention given to global policy-making in national and international business communities. This text examines and explains the multiple modes of engagement between business and global governance; it presents a variety of theoretical approaches which can be used to analyse them, along with empirical illustrations. Featuring a range of leading US and European scholars, it is divided into three parts that summarize different modes of engagement. Each section is illustrated by two or three studies that represent a distinct theoretical take on the issue with empirical illustrations. The book examines: * Business as master and purpose of global governance * Business as subject and opponent to global governance * Business as partner and facilitator of global governance This book will be of interest to students and scholars of Business Studies, International Relations, International Politics and International Political Ecomy, as well as for practitioners - in the public and private sector.
- Author BiographyMorten Ougaard is Professor of International Political Economy, and Director of the International Business and Politics Program at Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. He is the co-editor of Towards a Global Polity - also published by Routledge. Anna Leander is Professor of International Political Economy, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark. She is the co-editor of Constructivism and International Relations: Wendt and his Critics - also published by Routledge.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Globalisation
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAnna Leander,Morten Ougaard
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.