All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat communication skills are essential in today's global ecomy? BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION IN THE GLOBAL WORKPLACE, International Edition, considers the changes occurring in professional communication today, while also presenting a strong theoretical foundation of organizational communication. Featuring coverage of the most up-to-date skill set available, the book reflects the rapid changes due to the global ecomy, advances in information techlogy, and an increasingly diverse workforce. The authors' engaging narrative style, the unique CCCD model (Choosing, Creating, Coordinating, and Delivering) for building presentation competencies, and an integrated companion website combine to provide a definitive resource on professional communications.
- Author BiographyH. L. Goodall, Jr., is a professor of communication and director of the Hugh Downs School of Human Communication. A pioneer in the field of narrative ethnography, he introduced the detective metaphor to study high-technology organizations and cultures in CASING A PROMISED LAND; toured and played rhythm guitar in the Whitedog band to investigate rock and roll as a social theory of everyday working life in LIVING IN THE ROCK 'N ROLL MYSTERY; and went undercover to explore alternative forms of religion and spirituality in the southern region of the United States in DIVINE SIGNS: CONNECTING SPIRIT TO COMMUNITY. With Eric Eisenberg and Angela Trethewey, he is the coauthor of ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION: BALANCING CREATIVITY AND CONSTRAINT, and he authored the highly acclaimed WRITING THE NEW ETHNOGRAPHY. His memoir, A NEED TO KNOW: THE CLANDESTINE HISTORY OF A CIA FAMILY, won the Best Book of 2007 award from the Ethnography Division of the National Communication Association. He is married to Sandra Goodall and they have one child, Nicolas.
- Author(s)H. L. Goodall,Jr.
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight526 g
- Width188 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 3rd Revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.