All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness intelligence (BI) used to be so simple -- in theory anyway. Integrate and copy data from your transactional systems into a specialised relational database, apply BI reporting and query tools and add business users. Job done. No longer. Analytics, big data and an array of diverse techlogies have changed everything. More importantly, business is insisting on ever more, ever faster from information and from IT in general. An emerging biz-tech ecosystem demands that business and IT work together. This book reflects the new reality that in today's socially complex and rapidly changing world, business decisions must be based on a combination of rational and intuitive thinking. Integrating cues from diverse information sources and tacit kwledge, decision makers create unique meaning to invate heuristically at the speed of thought. This book provides a wealth of new models that business and IT can use together to design support systems for tomorrow's successful organisations. Dr Barry Devlin, one of the earliest proponents of data warehousing, goes back to basics to explore how the modern trinity of information, process and people must be reinvented and restructured to deliver the value, insight and invation required by modern businesses. From here, he develops a series of vel architectural models that provide a new foundation for holistic information use across the entire business. From discovery to analysis and from decision making to action taking, he defines a fully integrated, closed-loop business environment. Covering every aspect of business analytics, big data, collaborative working and more, this book takes over where BI ends to deliver the definitive framework for information use in the coming years.
- Author BiographyDr. Barry Devlin is among the foremost authorities on business insight and big data, and one of the founders of data warehousing, having published the first architectural paper on the topic in 1988. With over 30 years of IT experience, including 20 years with IBM as a Distinguished Engineer, he is a widely respected analyst, consultant, and lecturer. He is author of the seminal book, Data Warehouse-from Architecture to Implementation and numerous White Papers. Barry is founder and principal of 9sight Consulting. He specializes in the human, organizational and IT implications of deep business insight solutions that combine operational, informational and collaborative environments. A regular tweeter, blogger and contributor to multiple publications, Barry is based in Cape Town, South Africa and operates worldwide.
- Author(s)Barry Devlin
- PublisherTechnics Publications LLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBradley Beach
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTechnics Publications LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight884 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.