All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must-read for fans of Agatha Christie's Poirot and Margery Allingham's Campion Mysteries, Lord Peter Wimsey is the immortal amateur sleuth created by Dorothy L Sayers. They plan to have a quiet country honeymoon. Then Lord Peter Wimsey and his bride Harriet Vane find the previous owner's body in the cellar. Set in a country village seething with secrets and sbbery, this is Dorothy L. Sayers' last full-length detective vel. Variously described as a love story with detective interruptions and a detective story with romantic interruptions, it lives up to both descriptions with style.
- Author BiographyDorothy L Sayers was born in Oxford in 1893, and was both a classical scholar and a graduate in modern languages. As well as her popular Lord Peter Wimsey series, she wrote several religious plays, but considered her translations of Dante's Divina Commedia to be her best work. She died in 1957.
- Author(s)Dorothy L. Sayers
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/05/1974
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleLord Peter Wimsey Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume NumberBook 13
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew English Library Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Weight248 g
- Width118 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.