All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- Description'Although targeted at educators working with young children, this book lends itself to use with older primary pupils and, with some careful attention being paid to the issues of 'age appropriateness', to a wide range of children with learning difficulties, including those attending special schools' - SENCO Update 'The guidance is clear, practical and teacher-friendly and encapsulates current best primary practice' - TES Extra for Special Needs Bullying establishes itself as soon as young children begin to engage in social groups - someone is left out...someone is different...someone gets hurt. If you are eager to intervene early to support children aged 5 - 12 years in forming collaborative and empathic relationships, this is the resource to help you do it! Using research findings from over 400 children's views, the book looks at: - name-calling - teasing - excluding - physical aggression - verbal harm - taking and breaking Each lesson plan follows the same format with a poster-related discussion, class and follow-up activities, developmental work, research activity and lesson review. The book comes with a CD-ROM to print out the six posters as well as 48 individual illustrations. You will t be disappointed with the ease with which the author's ideas translate into classroom use! Margaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is w Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author BiographyMargaret Collins is a former headteacher of infant and first schools. She is now Senior Visiting Fellow in the School of Education at the University of Southampton. She researches children's perceptions of health education topics, writes teaching materials for children, books and articles on PSHE.
- Author(s)Margaret Collins
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLucky Duck Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLucky Duck Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Contained items statementContains Book and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.