Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter successfully developing a series of funfairs, Billy Butlin progressed to opening holiday centres and hotels across the UK to provide families with an inexpensive but entertaining holiday. Over the years these centres first expanded and then declined in number due to changes in our preferences for types of holiday. Now boasting spa hotels, the resorts are very different from the chalets of yesteryear. However, the original slogan 'Our True Intent is all for Your Delight' is fondly remembered by all of the original holidaymakers, whether they enjoyed one trip to a holiday centre or still make an annual pilgrimage with their families. This stalgic selection of images, many published here for the first time, illustrates the history of the various camps and hotels, including all of the things we associate with this most British of establishments. From Redcoats to water worlds, and from the Glamorous Grandmothers competitions to National Talent contests, this book provides an enjoyable and stalgic trip down memory lane for all who kw and love Butlin's, allowing us a glimpse into the social history of this quintessential British holiday.
- Author(s)Shirley Lewis,Sylvia Endacott
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight310 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.