All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of fiction since 1997 from the consummately underground Stuart Ross blends a characteristic penchant for experiment with the measured skill of a seasoned, highly disciplined craftsman. A man steps out for a pack of smokes and winds up walking around the planet; a woman sun-tanning by a pool finds herself covered in chicken feet; a man hires a bodyguard to protect him from his poodle. The forms these pieces take are impressive in range: fables, political tracts, letters, minimalist surrealism, and even post-gothic novella. Buying Cigarettes for the Dog holds a mirror to the absurdities of 21st-century earth; his is an absurdism so true that it becomes real.
- Author BiographyStuart Ross is a Toronto fiction writer, poet, editor, and creative-writing instructor. He has published two collaborative novels, a collection of stories, six poetry collections, and a collection of personal essays, and he is the editor of the anthology Surreal Estate: 13 Canadian Poets Under the Influence. Ross co-founded, with Nicholas Power, the Toronto Small Press Book Fair, an underground literary institution since 1987. He is currently the Fiction & Poetry Editor for This Magazine and Guest Poetry Editor for Toronto's Mansfield Press.
- Author(s)Stuart Ross
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFreehand Books
- Weight320 g
- Width139 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.73
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.