All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this third and final volume of the Religious Life in a New Millennium series, Sandra Schneiders continues her rethinking of the traditional religious vows in the context of postmodernism. She reaches back into the gospels for the meaning of world in order to discern the meaning of renunciation of the world by religious, and how that tradition needs to be rethought for our times while keeping in mind the prophetic character of religious life that enables witness and ministry. The vow of poverty is examined, both in its economic and spiritual sense (that is, religious life as an alternate economy and the poverty of spirit needed in the quest for God). Finally and this is the part that made this so difficult to write, Sandra examines the vow of obedience, taking into account the role that blind obedience played in the Holocaust and other wrongs committed by misuse of power and authority. She concludes by synthesizing all three volumes.
- Author(s)Sandra Schneiders
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleReligious Life in a New Millennium Series
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Weight1043 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine41 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.