All listings for this product
About this product
- Description.Dudley was connected by tram to various parts of the Black Country, first by steam trams and then by electric ones. This book takes a route-by-route look at the development, operation and run-down of the tramway system which once linked Dudley to Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, Netherton, Cradley Heath, Pensnett, Kingswinford, Wordsley, Kinver, Lye, Wollaston, Old Hill and Blackheath. After charting each line's history, the book recreates a ride along them using a plethora of historic photographs, many of which have t been published before, highlighting the many features and objects from the tramway that survive along the way.
- Author BiographyDr. Paul Collins is an acknowledged expert in the field of industrial archaeology and is a prolific author. He has written numerous articles on the history of transport in the Black Country. He lives in Stourbridge and works as a conservation officer for South Staffordshire Council, mainly on preserving waterways.
- Author(s)Paul Collins
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note180 black & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.