Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAfter the apostles Peter and John had healed the lame man at the Gate Beautiful, the two disciples were arrested and later brought before the Sanhedrin to account for their deed, one that continued to stir the already anxious leaders of the Jews: 'And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, 'By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?' ( Acts 4:7 .). Indeed, what was the source of their miracle? And by what power or authority did they perform it? Those queries ring through the centuries because people in our day still pose the questions. Most Christians want to be a part of a demination or organization that is true, faithful to what existed in the first century, authorized, and therefore approved of God. They want to kw, in other words, that God is governing among his people, that he is empowering the body of Christ of which they are a part. The essays in this book address the central issue of authority in the Christian life.
- Author BiographyRobert L. Millet is Abraham O. Smoot University Professor and professor of Religious Education at Brigham Young University. He is the author or editor of more than 60 books and 150 articles, dealing mostly with the doctrine and history of the LDS Church and its relation to other faiths. Professor Millet and his wife Shauna are the parents of six children and reside in Orem, Utah.
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteindex, bibliography
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRobert L. Millet
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.