Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTwo plays for secondary schools by WJEC playwright Two plays pitting characters in perilous situations to explore issues of responsibility, love, death and the instinct to survive.By a Thread: Four survivors struggle to flee the horrific reality of an apocalyptic war. As they retreat up the mountain, they discover conflict and change are inescapably woven into the thread of life: the young couple cant stop arguing, the soldier refuses to part with his lost friend's head and the old lady would rather stay put and sew her quilt.The Raft: In prison, a despondent teenage mother watches herself sink deeper into the sea of her despair; but the soul seems reluctant and keeps drifting back up, and then her son Robbie starts calling to her ...A resource booklet on 'By a Thread' has been produced by the WJEC for use at Key Stage 3 by teachers of English.
- Author BiographyLucy Gough has written extensively for radio and stage and since 1996 has been a scriptwriter for Ho llyoaks. Her work includes Catherine Wheel (1991, toured by Scallywag Theatre in Education Company); Our Lady Of Shadows (1994, BBC Radio 3); As To Be Naked (Is the best disguise) (1994, Theatr Clwyd Theatre in Education), shortlisted BBC Wales Writer of the Year Award 1994 and John Whiting Award 19 94; Haul (1994); Head (1996, by BBC Radio 4); Wolfskin (1997); Prophetess of Exeter (1997, BBC World Service); The Red Room (1999, BBC Radio 4); The Mermaids Tail (1999, BBC Radio 4); Judith beheading Holofernes (2000, BBC Radio 4); Mapping The Soul (2001, Aberystwyth Arts Centre); Gryfhead (2003, A berystwyth Arts Centre), and Wuthering Heights (2003, BBC Radio 4). She is a lecturer in radio drama at the University of Wales Aberystwyth.
- Author(s)Lucy Gough
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/01/2006
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight110 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.