All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $102.86
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.06
- AU $14.37Trending at AU $15.54
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.48
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.33
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.77
- AU $28.41Trending at AU $30.53
About this product
- DescriptionAfter ending up on the streets, Gloria runs into TV star Eric, who happens to be an old flame. Gloria and Eric met while institutionalised, and spent their getting high on a isy mix of drugs, music and counter-culture. Now 20 years later, Gloria is enamoured by youthful love resurrected. But as she soon discovers, navigating life and love isn't any easier for the middle-aged. Cutting deep to unearth the marriage of institutional violence and heterosexual relationships, Bye Bye Blondie illustrates how young women are continuously dragged down and neglected.
- Author BiographyVirginie Despentes is an award-winning author and filmmaker, and a noted French feminist and cultural critic. She is the award of many award-winning books, including Apocalypse Baby (winner of the 2010 Prix Renaudot) and Vernon Subutex (winner of the Anais-Nin Prize 2015, Prix Landerneau 2015, Prix La Coupole 2015). She also co-directed the screen adaptations of her controversial novels Baise-Moi and Bye Bye Blondie. Sian Reynolds has translated many books on French history, including most of the works of Fernand Braudel. Recent translations include fiction by Virginie Despentes, Antonin Varenne and French crime novelist, Fred Vargas. Four Vargas translations have been awarded the Crime Writers Association International Dagger (2006, 2007, 2009, 2013). She is professor emerita of French at the University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Author(s)Virginie Despentes
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Translated bySian Reynolds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.