All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully illustrated--in color for the first time!--with drawings of nearly 350 mind-boggling trick shots, Byrne's Treasury of Trick Shots in Pool and Billiards will teach you everything from the basic butterfly formation to the most difficult and impressive shots. Robert Byrne will help vice and experienced players alike perfect their trick shots and learn about the historical context of each trick. Trick shots are anything amusing, surprising, or educational that can be done on a pool or billiard table with standard accessories, and have been around as long as the game itself. Byrne demonstrates historical shots, including some invented by the famous Captain Mingaud, the world's first professional exhibition player, and newer tricks seen while travelling to tournaments around the world. Filled with easy as well as hard, and technical as well as showy tricks, the book's clear diagrams, paired with secret insider tips, describe simpler stunts for the beginner, those that take years of practice, and some that the author doubts you'll ever be able to do. Whether you want to impress a crowd, a group of friends, or yourself, Byrne's wild, stunning, and unforgettable trick shots will make you question some principles of physics and wow an audience of one or one-hundred. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. In addition to books on popular team sports, we also publish books for a wide variety of athletes and sports enthusiasts, including books on running, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, martial arts, golf, camping, hiking, aviation, boating, and so much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRobert Byrne is the bestselling author of more than fifteen books, including seven books on pool and billiards. His books and videos on pool have sold nearly a million copies. He was inducted into the Billiard Congress of America's Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Author(s)Robert Byrne
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note300 color illustrations
- Weight857 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.