Byte-Size Flash MX: Adventures in Design Optimization by Genevieve Garand, Keith Peters, Kip Parker, Roy Tanck, David Hirmes, Robert Reich, Cody Lindley (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever poured all your creativity into a Flash movie, but found your friends grumbling at the download size? Have you tried to use just one tiny picture in your movie, and seen the file size go through the roof? Is it possible to do anything remotely effective in a small file? More than you could possibly imagine! This collection shows you just exactly what can be done with tiny Flash files, using some of the hottest Flash designers around. These authors pull designs out of the top drawer and show you exactly how you can go about creating great SWFs with the smallest amount of download pain. We will look at: creating incredible generative designs -- so small you can use them for wallpaper producing 3D animations that roll in at under 5k in size creating sound toys in the smallest possible file space de-mystifying the use of JPEGs and photographs while keeping your Flash movies small strategic use of back-end techlogy to keep your delivery times down to naseconds! changing the boundaries to look at new ways of delivering entire sites! From the Publisher Who is this book for You've worked with Flash, but are wondering why people are getting tetchy at the download time. You're willing to start learning some ActionScript tricks to fight the file flab, and you're t afraid to become addicted to optimization! About the Author Genevieve Garand Conceived 3weeksinApril.com, an experimental web site that explores new ways of navigation and features an engaging narrative. David Hirmes is a Flash developer living in Brooklyn, New York. Kip Parker Works through his own company Hi-Rise Limited and in collaboration with Anthony Burrill as Friendchip, which was established in 1998. Keith Peters Found Flash to be the ideal medium for creating graphics with code. Robert Reich lives in Hamburg, Germany. Flash became his favourite besides rmal HTML and serverside driven website creation. He is working as freelancer for several firms. Roy Tanck Currently employed in Hilversum, as part of a team that creates invative e-learning solutions. Within this environment, Flash is a great tool.
- Author BiographyKeith Peters?lives in the vicinity of Boston with his wife, Kazumi, and their?daughter, Kristine. He has been working with Flash since 1999, and has co-authored many books for friends of ED, including Flash MX Studio, Flash MX Most Wanted, and the ground-breaking Flash Math Creativity. In 2001, he started the experimental Flash site, BIT-101 (BIT-101.com), which strives for a new, cutting edge, open-source experiment each day. The site won an award at the Flashforward 2003 Flash Film Festival in the Experimental category. In addition to the experiments on the site, there are several highly regarded Flash tutorials which have been translated into many languages and are now posted on web sites throughout the world. Keith is currently working full time doing freelance and contract Flash development and various writing projects.
- Author(s)Cody Lindley,David Hirmes,Genevieve Garand,Keith Peters,Kip Parker,Robert Reich,Roy Tanck
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication15/10/2003
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note352 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight898 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.