All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Byzantium, two overlapping systems of dress existed: a semiotic one whereby dress was a code for rank and wealth, and a fashion system where dress was based on the desire to look a certain way. This book elucidates secular dress from the eighth to the twelfth centuries through an examination of painted representations.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER L. BALL is Assistant Professor of Medieval Art History at Brooklyn College, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Ball
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication22/02/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.