All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe develop an object-oriented simulation that models the airdrop mission of the newest U.S. transport aircraft, the C-17 Globemaster III. The simulation, written in MODSIM III, is based on three basic object types: a C-17, a wake vortex, and a paratrooper. The aircraft object provides the required aerodynamic constants for simulating the wake vortices generated off each wing tip; the vortex object includes velocity field and decay models as well as a position algorithm; and, the paratrooper object implements a 6-degree of freedom trajectory model. After considering two validation scenarios, we generate vortex encounter information for various formations and wind conditions, and quantify the associated risk of paratrooper/vortex encounters in a potential encounter rate. Time over the DZ is a primary concern in any airdrop operation, and the results of this analysis form a tool that allows the ground commander to assess the risk involved in decreasing that time. We also present a 3D visualization of the simulation output that may be used for mission planning and prototyping of new aircraft formations or tactics.
- Author(s)Scott M Fox
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight286 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.