All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1912, C. G. Jung wrote, Should it happen that all traditions in the world were cut off with a single blow, the whole mythology and history of religion would start over again with the succeeding generation. With this, Jung gave new understanding to the concept of world literature: that the history of human thought lay in the soul, passed from generation to generation, always ready to reemerge. This book shows how Jung's theory evolved through classics of Western literature, antated books from his library, manuscripts of his Black Books and The Red Book,other major works in which he attempted to translate insights from The Red Book for a scientific public, the Gstic and alchemical texts he studied and presented as parallels to his psychology of the unconscious, and Eastern texts he presented in collaboration with leading scholars, establishing a cross-cultural psychology of the process of higher development.
- Author BiographySonu Shamdasani is a preeminent Jung historian at University College London and the author of C. G. Jung: A Biography in Books. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Sonu Shamdasani
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note120 color illustrations
- Weight1510 g
- Width252 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction bySonu Shamdasani
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.