All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreener than conventional methods, C-H activation methods have flourished during the last decade and become especially attractive to organic chemists. Edited by a practioner in this rapidly developing field, C-H Bond Activation in Organic Synthesis provides an overview of this exciting playground of chemistry. The book summarizes the state of the art in C-H activation for functionalization, enabling you to carry out reactions in the most environmentally friendly fashion with the least contamination of by-products. The most popular C-H activation reactions are catalyzed by transition metals. This book dedicates a chapter to each of the following catalysts: palladium, rhodium, nickel, iron, copper, and cobalt. In addition, it covers radical-mediated C-H activation, fluorination via C-H activation, and C-H activation of heterocycles. Using a pedagogically practical approach, each chapter is divided by the transition metal catalyst, t a specific transformation. This gives you an up-to-date review of the most important topics of C-H activation. The area of C-H activation has experienced a flurry of activity over the past two decades, so the time is right for a resource that summarizes these powerful tools with which you can design and construct heteroaromatic molecules. Thus, direct C-H functionalization methods are expected to continue to greatly contribute to the mission of green chemistry: low-energy, waste-free, and atom-ecomic transformations for the synthesis of organic materials and biologically active molecules in the twenty-first century. Using this book, you can carry out environmentally friendly reactions that enable the conversion of cheap and abundant alkanes into valuable functionalized organic compounds.
- Author BiographyJie Jack Li earned his PhD in organic chemistry in 1995 at Indiana University. After a stint as a postdoctoral fellow MIT, he worked as a medicinal chemist at Pfizer and Bristol-Myers Squibb from 1997 to 2012. Since then he has been an associate professor of chemistry at the University of San Francisco teaching organic and medicinal chemistry. He has published 23 books ranging from organic and medicinal chemistry, to the history of drug discovery.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note475 black & white illustrations, 49 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJie Jack Li
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.