C++ Network Programming: Mastering Complexity with Ace and Patterns: v.1: Resolving Complexity Using ACE and Patterns by Stephen D. Huston, Douglas C. Schmidt (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionAs networks, devices, and systems continue to evolve, software engineers face the unique challenge of creating reliable distributed applications within frequently changing environments. C++ Network Programming, Volume 1, provides practical solutions for developing and optimizing complex distributed systems using the ADAPTIVE Communication Environment (ACE), a revolutionary open-source framework that runs on dozens of hardware platforms and operating systems. This book guides software professionals through the traps and pitfalls of developing efficient, portable, and flexible networked applications. It explores the inherent design complexities of concurrent networked applications and the tradeoffs that must be considered when working to master them. C++ Network Programming begins with an overview of the issues and tools involved in writing distributed concurrent applications. The book then provides the essential design dimensions, patterns, and principles needed to develop flexible and efficient concurrent networked applications. The book's expert author team shows you how to enhance design skills while applying C++ and patterns effectively to develop object-oriented networked applications. Readers will find coverage of: * C++ network programming, including an overview and strategies for addressing common development challenges The ACE Toolkit * Connection protocols, message exchange, and message-passing versus shared memory * Implementation methods for reusable networked application services * Concurrency in object-oriented network programming * Design principles and patterns for ACE wrapper facades With this book, C++ developers have at their disposal the most complete toolkit available for developing successful, multiplatform, concurrent networked applications with ease and efficiency.
- Author BiographyDr. Douglas C. Schmidt is the original developer of ACE and The ACE ORB (TAO). He is a professor at Vanderbilt University, where he studies patterns, optimizations, middleware, and model-based tools for distributed real-time and embedded systems. He is a former editor-in-chief of C++ Report and columnist for C/C++ Users Journal. Stephen D. Huston is an internationally recognized expert in networked application development. He has more than 25 years of software development experience, focusing on network protocol and C++ networked application development in a wide range of hardware and software environments. Steve has been working with the ACE development team for over 10 years since founding Riverace Corporation, the premier provider of ACE support, training, and consulting services.
- Author(s)Douglas C. Schmidt,Stephen D. Huston
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/12/2001
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width186 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.