All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are the true global implications of religious fundamentalism in American politics? The secretive Christian fundamentalist group kwn as 'The Family' is leading a new crusade for 'God-led government' in the Western world. Jeff Sharlet is the only journalist to have reported from within the organisation. The Family garnered intense media coverage in 2009 when it was revealed that their townhouse on Washington's C Street was central to three Republican politicians' sex scandals, including Goverr Mark Sanford and Senator John Ensign. In C Street , Sharlet shows how the Family, steeped in the influence and corruption one usually associates with the torious lobbying industry, fuels and funds political fundamentalism from within government. His exclusive access to sources and explosive documents show the true implications of fundamentalism in American and world politics w, leading up to the next election, and beyond.
- Author BiographyJeff Sharlet is the author of The Family and co-author of Killing the Buddha.
- Author(s)Jeff Sharlet
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication27/09/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Weight434 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.