All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCYA is Advice with an attitude. Hall's irreverent, humorous style will amuse you, but while you are being entertained, you will surely pick up some tips to protect your person, home, career, family and reputation which will save you a lot of future trouble Pithy, to-the-point and easy to read, this short book will make a great gift for people you care about who need to do a little more CYA in their lives. The advice will help them long after the laughter fades.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Hall has been a successful non-profit executive since 1982. Prior to entering that field, Hall served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He was first elected in 1972, the year he graduated from college, defeating a Democrat incumbent by nine votes out of 60,000 cast, in a 4-1 Democrat district, last won by a Republican in 1938. He was re-elected four times by increasing margins, carrying every city and town in the district, and was nominated by both parties in 1976. He was Minority Whip when he retired undefeated in 1982. Hall holds an associate's degree in liberal arts from Mount Wachusett Community College (1970), a Bachelor's degree in government from the University of Massachusetts (1972) and a Master's of Education degree in history from Fitchburg State University (1980). He is also a Marine Vietnam veteran, having served four years in the regulars before college and, while a senator, another six in the reserves, finishing with the rank of Staff Sergeant. A frequently-published freelance writer, Hall's columns, articles, short stories and poetry have appeared in over 75 local and national publications. He has also published eight books. Hall has been married to his first wife, Bonnie, since 1992. Currently he manages an association, reads extensively in history, politics and economics and writes articles for his political blog, The Old Jarhead. He is a former Scottish Country Dancer, but has Pulmonary Fibrosis, an eventually-terminal illness that kills as many people as breast cancer, which curtails his physical activities as he requires oxygen for mobility.
- Author(s)Robert A Hall
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.