All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong-time journalist Cam Tait has seen some interesting times on the sports beatrolling alongside Rick Hansen in the Man in Motion tour, playing in fundraising golf tournaments, and tipping back some cold ones with Wayne Gretzky, to name a few. His personal life hasn't lacked excitement eithermemorable moments include parasailing, winning a stand-up (or in his case, sit-down) comedy contest, and helping his grandson take his first steps. But he couldn't have done it without the help of his friends. Tait was born with cerebral palsy, unable to sit up, speak or move his arms and legs. But thanks to a revolutionary form of physical therapy that required a 24/7 commitment from his parents and a team of 116 volunteers, he learned to get around in a wheelchair, move his hands and talk. These turned out to be useful skills for a career of prime interviews, crazy deadlines and pranks. Tait teams up with friend and fellow journalist Jim Taylor, telling his own story with characteristic directness and humour. With a newspaperman's inveterate sense of timing, Tait moves seamlessly from one-liners and tales of debauched hijinks to candid accounts of his depression, career struggles and loss of loved ones. He speaks with eloquence about the importance of giving disabled people the chance to pursue their ambitions, and the value of all the support he's received in achieving his own dreams. In both his career and personal life, he's experienced the power of humour to break down barriers and bring people togetherand have a hell of a good time doing it.
- Author BiographyCam Tait worked as a reporter for the Edmonton Journal for over thirty years, interviewing Wayne Gretzky, Stevie Wonder, James Brady and others. He now writes for the Edmonton Sun. He has two honorary degrees and much insight on the subject of which drinking straws go best with which adult beverages. He lives in Edmonton with his wife Joan. This is his first book. Jim Taylor has produced some 7,500 sports columns, three times as many radio shows and fifteen books. His passion has earned him membership in the CFL and BC Sports Halls of Fame and a lifetime achievement award from Sports Media Canada. He is the co-author of Goin Deep: The Life and Times of a CFL Quarterback with Matt Dunigan and Hello, Sweetheart? Gimmie Rewrite!: My Life in the Wonderful World of Sports. He lives in Shawnigan Lake, BC.
- Author(s)Cam Tait
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight326 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $22.76Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.