All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to use CAMEL to transfer the Intelligent Network concept to the mobile world! CAMEL (Customized Application for the Mobile network Enhanced Logic) is a standard for Intelligent Networks for mobile communications networks. It is currently deployed in all regions of the world, enabling mobile network operators to offer fast and efficient services to their subscribers. This book is an in-depth and dedicated reference on CAMEL, taking the reader through the history and development of Intelligent Networks and the essential principles of CAMEL, to the future of the techlogy. The author provides guidance on the various standards and specifications, and explains t only how CAMEL works but also why it works this way. Practical hints on the installation of CAMEL in the network are given throughout the book. CAMEL: Intelligent Networks for the GSM, GPRS and UMTS Network: * Offers a comprehensive guide to implementing CAMEL. * Gives a complete picture, including the network entities & data flows involved. * Describes and explains the four CAMEL phases and their aspects. * Presents an overview of the principles of Intelligent Networks, such as Finite State Machines, Trigger Detection Points, Event Detection Points and dialogue, essential to understanding CAMEL. * Covers charging and accounting issues, and the impact of CAMEL on the charging system in the mobile network. * Provides practical hints over and above those mentioned in the formal specifications. This text will be an invaluable resource for intelligent network service logic designers, service network designers, network engineers, and GSM/UMTS network designers and implementers. Advanced students on courses such as 'Intelligent Networks', 'Value Added Services', and 'Service Networks' will also find it an excellent guide to the topic.
- Author BiographyRogier Noldus is Senior Specialist, Intelligent Networks, at Ericsson Telecommunications, Netherlands. Within Ericsson, he is responsible for the development and implementation of the CAMEL technology. Rogier has played a key role in the development of the CAMEL standard in ETSI and 3GPP. He has chaired various conferences on CAMEL, has been speaker at various other international conferences, and represents Ericsson at the ETSI and 3GPP standardization organizations.
- Author(s)R. Noldus
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width251 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.