All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCBT for Beginners, Second Edition is designed to help your students make the best start in their careers as confident CBT therapists. Comprising all the main theory and competencies covered in training, this book takes your students right back to basics, equipping them with the essential nuts and bolts to practice CBT effectively. Key features include: - Written in a language familiar to first year trainees, offering your students an accessible route in to the subject. - Exercises and case dialogue to invite critical reflection and enhance learning. - Summary boxes to check your students' understanding of key content along the way. - Further reading lists to allow students to take what they have learnt to the next step. Focusing on case formulation, the authors show how to build a 'picture' of each individual client, using their case history to inform interventions. What results is a practical guide to the fundamentals of practicing CBT, making this the ideal starter text for CBT modules on any of your counselling, psychotherapy or wider health care courses.
- Author BiographyJane Simmons works as a Clinical Psychologist in adult mental health services in South Wales. She has previously worked as a project manager setting up an IAPT service in England. She has worked in the NHS since gaining her doctorate in Clinical Psychology in 2000 from the Oxford doctoral course of Clinical Psychology and also works in Independent Practice in Bristol. Rachel Griffiths is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist working in South Wales. She has worked in the NHS since gaining her doctorate in clinical Psychology in 2003 . Rachel has worked with adults with mental health problems in inpatient and community settings and currently works in a service for people with chronic pain.
- Author(s)Jane Simmons,Rachel Griffiths
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.