All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps clinicians harness the benefits of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for children and adolescents with high-functioning autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Leading treatment developers describe promising approaches for treating common challenges faced by young people with ASD--anxiety and behavior problems, social competence issues, and adolescent concerns around sexuality and intimacy. Chapters present session-by-session overviews of each intervention program, review its evidence base, and address practical considerations in treatment. The book also discusses general issues in adapting CBT for this population and provides a helpful framework for assessment and case conceptualization informed by DSM-5.
- Author BiographyAngela Scarpa, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), founder and codirector of the Virginia Tech Autism Clinic, and director of the Virginia Tech Center for Autism Research. She is a clinical psychologist whose research and practice focus on the mental health of children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Dr. Scarpa is coauthor (with Anthony Wells and Tony Attwood) of Exploring Feelings for Young Children with High-Functioning Autism or Asperger's Disorder: The STAMP Treatment Manual. Susan Williams White, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Psychology at Virginia Tech and codirector of the Virginia Tech Autism Clinic. She is a clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of people affected by neurodevelopmental disorders such as ASD. Dr. White has a special interest in interventions for social deficits and co-occurring psychiatric problems, such as anxiety in individuals with ASD, and exploration of transdiagnostic processes such as emotional and behavioral self-regulation. She is the author of Social Skills Training for Children with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism. Tony Attwood, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and Chairperson of the Minds and Hearts Clinic in Brisbane, Australia, and Adjunct Professor at Griffith University in Queensland. With over 35 years of clinical experience, he is considered a leading international expert in the field. His publications include The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome and Asperger's Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals.
- Author(s)Angela Scarpa
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.